Are you looking for a competent, professional, English-speaking driver and guide in Iceland? Stefan has been guiding since 1988 and still loves his job! Since 1988 Stefan has worked for a number of South African and Icelandic tour companies, mostly as a driver-guide but also as a guide on big buses.
In 2009 Stefan founded Reykjavik Bike Tours. The business is registered and licensed by the Iceland Tourist Board (Ferðamálastofa).
When Stefan is not guiding, he lecture part-time at the University of Iceland and the Iceland School of Tourism. Stefan is a keen writer and photographer.
- Rick’s video with Stefan – Vik in south Iceland.
- Rick’s video with Stefan – Iceland without Ice?
- Rick’s video with Stefan – Puffins, Black Sand Beaches.
I always seek to exceed my guest’s expectations.
SOME COMPANIES I’VE WORKED FOR:
- Kynnisferðir / Reykjavík Excursions – Reykjavík, Iceland (driver-guide 8 years)
- Guðmundur Jónasson Travel – Reykjavík, Iceland (driver-guide 8 years)
- Atlantik DMC – Reykjavík, Iceland (part-time guide since 1995)
- University of Iceland (part-time lecturer since 2000)
- Hólar University North Iceland (part-time lecturer 4 years)
- Iceland Tourist Guide School (lecturer for 10 years, headmaster for 1 year)
- Iceland School of Tourism (part-time lecturer since 2005)
- Springbok Atlas Safari – South Africa (driver-guide 8 years)
- Welcome Tours – South Africa (driver-guide)
- Cape Rainbow Tours – South Africa (driver-guide 4 years)
- Vífilfell – Coca Cola in Reykjavík, Iceland (sales, marketing and delivery part-time with school)
- Elliheimilið Grund – Home for the elderly in Reykjavík, Iceland (part-time with school)
- Bæjarútgerðin – Fishing and processing (part-time with school)
- Valur Helgason – Plumbing (part-time with school)
AGENCIES (ONLY SOME OF THEM):
- Butterfield and Robinson
- National Geographic
- Explore Worldwide
- Luxury Adventures
- Discover The World
- Saga Holidays
- Landmark Tours
- Strabo Photo Tours
- 700 people (in charge of 15 other guides)
- Searching for a solar eclipse in an aircraft above the clouds which otherwise would have blocked the view. We did see the solar eclipse!
- MA in Public Administration – University of Iceland
- MA in Journalism – University of Iceland.
- MA dipl. ed in Adult Education – University of Education (now part of the University of Iceland)
- MA dipl. ed in Teaching at High School – University of Iceland
- MA in Leisure and Tourism Studies – Stenden University Leeuwarden, Netherlands
- BA in Tourism and Transport – NHTV University of Applied Science in Breda, Netherlands
- ND in International Tourism and Marketing – Cape Technikon in Cape Town, South Africa
- Menntaskólinn í Hamrahlið (University entrance excemption)
- Kelly Walsh High School (KWHS) in Casper Wyoming, United States.
CERTIFICATES FOR GUIDING:
- General guide for Iceland. 1- year full-time professional training at the Iceland Tourist Guide School
- Adventure and Incentive guide for Iceland. 1-term full-time professional training at the Iceland Tourist Guide School
- Hiking guide for Iceland. 1-term full-time professional training at the Iceland Tourist Guide School
- Professional drivers’ licence – all categories
- Professional captain’s licence for boats not exceeding 30 tonnes
- Professional teacher’s licence to teach at high school level
- Pilot training
- Fork lifter certificate
- Wine tasting certificate
- Official business name: Reykjavik Bike Tours ehf. / Stefan Guide in Iceland / Reykjavik Segway Tours.
- ID-number: 440310-0790.
- VAT-number: 122909
- Operations: Hlésgata 1, 101 Reykjavik
- Postal address: Hringbraut 105, 101 Reykjavik
- Mobile: + 354 897 2790
- What’s app: +354 8972790
- Skype: stefan.helgi.valsson (I hardly use Skype anymore).
- Licensed tour operator by the Iceland Tourism Board.
This is Stefan’s facebook page…
To find out more about how I can help you make the most of every passing minute while you are in Iceland, please send me an email with your request and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
More about Stefan
ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME!