Stefan currently lectures part-time at the Iceland School of Tourism. Previously Stefan lectured at the Iceland Tourist Guide School for 10 years and headed the school for one year. He also lectured tourism subjects at the University of Iceland and University of Holar in the north of Iceland.
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES / FYRIRLESTRAR Á RÁÐSTEFNUM:
- 2009 – First International Research Forum on Guided Tours. University of Halmstad in Sweden. Research presentation: Characteristics, Motives and Goals of Prospective Tourist Guides: The Case of Adult Education in Tourist Guide Education in Iceland.
- 2009 – Research presentation: The Credibility of Online News: The Case of the Iceland Tourist Guide Association’s Website and eNewsletter.
- 2006 – Research Group Geoinformation. Pre-Visit Internet Use Analysis of Foreign Visitors in Iceland: The Case of Isafold Tour Operator Muenster Germany, September 2006.
- 2005 – The 14th Nordic Symposium in Tourism and Hospitality Research, Akureyri September 22-25, 2005. Adult Education at the Iceland Tourist Guide School: Student profile, their motivation to study, and barriers to participation
- 2009 – Guest lecturer at University of South Denmark / Syddansk Universitet. Winter Wonderland: Nature Tourism Programme Development in Iceland.
- 2009 – Guest lecturer at Vidzeme University College in Latvia. Vidzeme offers 4 year BA degree programme for aspiring tourist guides. Announcement on Vidzemes Augstskola’s website, click here.
- 2002 – Guest lecturer at University Autonoma Barcelona, representing the Department of Geography and Geology at the University